What does high ASO level indicate?
Bhronic rheumatic fever, haloperidol
Hi and thanks for the query,
This in my opinion should be raised ASLO not ASO levels. AsLo means Anti streptolysin antibodies. When raised, this is an indication of a chronic infection with bacteria called Streptoccoci. This is an infection generally attacking the throat of the child. the child might present with recurrent sore throat and enlarged and infected tonsils, with pain on swallowing. Poorly treated, this can lead to rheumatic fever.
From your description, it is imperative to exclude that this is not rheumatic fever. Raised ALSO levels and ticks and body movements are classical signs of chronic and poorly managed rheumatic fever.
Depending on his age, monthly and at times biweekly penicillin injections might be prescribed.
For now, you could simply use Haloperidol, as you await you neurologist to confirm diagnosis and prescribe a long term therapy.
Rheumatic fever still possibe, neurologic review
Hi and thanks for the extra information.
Absence of fever at some stage of the illness does not however exclude the diagnosis of rheumatic fever.
It is imperative to check out and exclude this is not rheumatic fever. Raised ASLO levels and the twitching however are compatible with this condition.
A heart examination , and electrocardiogram and a cardiac ultrasound, the evaluate the state of the heart valves, usually touched also is imperative.
A neurologic review and appreciation is for sure needed. Other causes of similar symptoms shall for sure be also checked for. I just hope the above cited ideas could be borne in mind during your meeting with his Dr.
Kind regards as I wish the best of health to your family.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 74 years old. Not getting proper sleep. What should I do?
- Scratching eye during sleep. How to get relief?
- Developed grooves in skull. Is this normal? What treatment should be done?
- Treatment for cough, breathing difficulty and chest tightness?
- Does antiviral ayurvedic medicine extend the window perioid of hiv?
- Is diltiazem and carzarc the same medicine for HBP?
- Noticed sore and swollen lymph nodes on neck. Should I be concerned?
- Took overdose of panadeines. Experiencing cough and fluttering in heart....
- Child has dark bruise on lower back. How to remove this?
- Is paranoia curable?