What does heterogeneous bone marrow signal on the MRI indicate?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What does heterogeneous bone marrow signal which may be secondary to anemia mean on an mri?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
A normal change at your age.

Detailed Answer:

Heterogenous bone marrow signals at your age could be an incidental finding. It can be due to fatty change, age related decreased vascularity or degenerative changes. This change at your age is a normal one as gradually the fatty bone marrow replaces the hematopoetic bone marrow. This is not suggestive of any pathology.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee