What does hematuria post prostate surgery indicate?
Not to be worried .
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone TURP 18 months back and getting hematuria occasionally.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem
1) What was your PSA value before TURP?
2) What is your recent PSA value ?
3) Have you done bone scan ?
4) Have you undergone Orchidectomy (Removal of Testicles)?
5) Are you taking any anti androgen drugs (Hormones)?
Prostate cancer is a very slow growing cancer and it is very rare that patient of cancer of prostate dies primarily due to Prostate Cancer .
Since your recent MRI has not revealed any spread of the cancer to other distant places like in lymph nodes or bones you should not be worried .The cancer detected in two samples should be taken as a occult cancer and should be monitored by doing serum PSA at frequent interval of every 3 months .
Occasional Hematuria is not be worried for and should be treated symptomatically .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is hematuria
- Post coital hematuria
- Post coital hematuria in women
- What could be reason behind gross hematuria
- What is the remedy for hematuria
- What is hematuria unspecified
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis and microscopic hematuria
- What is the solution for hematuria
- Microscopic hematuria post vaginal hysterectomy
- What is a gross hematuria
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?