What does heart rate of 96 to 99 bpm indicate?

Question
Hi my heart rate is fluctuating between 96 and 99 at resting and I've felt a little woozy, what should I do? should I seek immediate treatment?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relaxation needed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.

A heart rate between 90 to 99 bpm is borderline high. This along with light-headedness or woozy feeling can be because of meany reasons. Most commonly they arise from anxiety disorder in the absence of any other systemic abnormality.

So, relaxation sessions will be helpful. Please also maintain sleep hygiene. If you are a shift worker, you have to adjust your body clock with the office hours by gradually fixing a sleep time range.

But, there are some warning signs for which you should seek medical attention-
1. Palpitation, black out, shortness of breath
2. Loss of consciousness, any neurologic symptom
3 chest pain
4. Bizarre sensation
5. Gait disturbance or problem in body balance
6. Tremor,
7. Ringing sensation in ear or head rolling
8. Fever

If you have any of these, you need to consult a local physician immediately.
If the problem increases progressively, you will have to consult your local physician for further evaluation.

A baseline investigation including Hb level and an ECG along with clinical examination by a local physician will help you to exclude common causes.

You also need to provide these information and history of any present or past medical illness of yours, for further assistance.

If you have any queries, please write back.
Dr. Kaushik