What does hCG level of 1177 indicate?

Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: hello,

In my last iui I got preo but resulted in blighted ovum, my hcg level we're slow 82, 182 like this after 6months I again tried I did iui on 16 th Feb my last lmp is 2nd Feb and yesterday I did hcg blood test it shows 1177 , I m. confused it this OK now but my gyne did my trans varginal ultrasound but now able to c anything now ply help what to do now I m getting very nervous.
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Madam,dont be nervous be optimist

Detailed Answer:
Hi.Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for trusting us for your health related queries.

Well,i would like to focus on hcg levels,Its now 1177.This high level could be because of molar pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy.

It would be helpful to me to guide you if you provide me your latest trans vaginal ultrasound report.

Dr,Sudha XXXXXXX panagar.MBBS,MS(obstetrics and gynecology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 9 minutes later
I checked with my gyne she said that it's fine it's in normal range, as per my lmp I will be on 4plus week check the attach report and I don't have copy of my ultrasound
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Well seems to be okay

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.

Well madam lets hope for the best. Continue to follow the instructions given by your treating doctor.Be optimist.

I will be waiting for your latest ultrasound report.
Follow up: Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 13 minutes later
my gyne told me to have repeat blood test tomorrow
and any other symptom of molar prego
becoz I m not feeling any pain nor vomit usually once and just a very mild little bit cramp
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
do the blood test

Detailed Answer:
hi again..
go ahead with the blood test as advised by your treating doctor.
i will be waiting for your next message.

there is no rule that during pregnancy that there should be excessive vomiting, painful cramps etc.

all these can be in mild form also.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 21 hours later
hello
I again tested my blood it's coming 2217 now
my lmp is 2nd feb
hcg trigger shot on 14th feb
my iui is done on 16th feb
1St blood test 1177
2nd after a day 2217
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
your blood test is normal.

Detailed Answer:
hi again..
i go through your blood report.
don't worry.. it is normal.
in case of normal pregnancy the blood hcg usually doubles within 2 days.
and your blood report shows the same.
so don't worry....RELAX..
god bless you.
Follow up: Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 40 hours later
went today my gyne saw a sac very small 0.75 , my last prego resulted in blighted ovum, so I m very very worried, she gave me hcg injection also. I m worried tense now my next appointment will be on 23rd March
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Repeat ultrasound after two weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hi....again.
As you told that your gyne saw a sac very small 0.75, that means you have very early pregnancy.
But earlier you told me that according to your last menstrual period you have 4 weeks plus pregnancy.
I think either you mistaken your date or you have delayed conception.
Because at 4 weeks plus period yok sac usually seen along with sac.

Kindly ask your gyne in details regarding this matter.
If possible send me the ultrasound report.

Hope for the best.
God bless you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 24 minutes later
I m calculating my pregnancy week as per my last LMP which is 2nd Feb, so now on 2nd march my date was due i checked for my pregnancy on 5th march and my 1st blood test was done on 6th march (1177) and second on 8th march(2277) so its been 1 week since my last date only

how do u calculate week in pregnancy i checked on internet and they all r calculating as per last LMP.
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ok..good job

Detailed Answer:
Hi again...
I m happy that you have calculate the weeks of pregnancy by the right method.
You have gone through the internet, put your energy and time to calculate the weeks of pregnancy. it is really appreciable.
However, ultrasound report is much more reliable than the mathematical calculation.

Advice-
1. I will be waiting for your next message with ultrasound report.
2. Be optimist.