What does "grade 3 placenta" in an ultrasound report suggest?
Normal growth and maturity of placenta
Hello Mr.XXXX, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I have seen all the attached reports and i'm glad to inform you that all the reports are normal and that the growth parameters are very good, indicative of a healthy pregnancy.
Grade 3 placenta indicates final state of maturity and is common and normal after 35 weeks of gestation.
It shows that placenta has matured and thus is coherent with normal progression of growth and maturity.
Now keep a regular weekly follow up with your gynaecologist till delivery.
May god bless you with a healthy baby soon.
My doubts are.
1. As per her rheumatology doctor the delivery generally happens after 15 days you stop aspiring in these cases.
2. Due to placenta maturing should I be prepared for delivery anytime soon now. Or it will happen around the same date doctor has given which is May 18th.
no risk of delivery as yet
No dear, there is usually no relation between stoppage of aspirin and timing of delivery
But in case labor pains start now then also there is no risk to the baby as baby has acheived the desired maturity.
But still I don't think you need to stay prepared right now only as in my opinion delivery will take another 3-4 weeks as yet.
So just have a regular follow up with your doctor and keep taking the medications as before and ask her to take good diet and rest as much as possible.
All the best
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What does the attached pelvic ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound placenta grading
- Liver ultrasound done what does report suggest
- Placenta is fundo posterior in ultrasound report
- Fundo anterior placenta in 35 weeks ultrasound report
- Pregnant ultrasound done what are the complications suggested in report
- Pregnant ultrasound done what does the report suggest
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- What does the ultrasound report suggest