What does frequent sharp pains behind the navel suggest?
Further diagnostic tests advised as following...
I have gone through the medical history of your daughter and understood your concerns.
There might be various causes to her sharp pain behind the belly button:
- she is 16 years old: has she had her first periods? If yes, does the pain occur around her periods? Sometimes, ovulation in young ladies is associated with such pain as it has been going for 1 year now.
- another possible cause could be intestinal parasitic infections. I advise to run examination of stool for ova/parasites. An abdominal ultrasound is also advised to determine the right diagnosis.
For the moment, I advise to take anti-spasmodic to ease the pain. Apply warm clothing to ease the pain.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spasm behind navel
- Pain in navel and frequent urination
- Navel pain male sharp
- Pain above navel lump above navel
- What do sharp pains above the navel button indicate
- Beating feeling behind navel
- Navel pain frequent urination no uti no burning sensation
- What causes severe stomach pain above the navel
- Pain navel
- Sharp pain on top of navel