What does focal degenerative disc disease at C5-C6 indicate?
Damaged disc and vertebrae.
Hi and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Degenative disc disease at C5-C6 means the disc between two cervical vertebrae is damaged and desiccated.
Spurs are bone enlogations.
Those damages are usually related to arthritis.
Narrowing of spine canal means a part of this damaged disc or bone spurs are enlarged out of their normal boundaries into the canal that contains medula.
Cracking of neck is related to thickening of vertebral articulations.
Stiffness is related to muscles fatigue.
Hope this helps. If you have further questions or clarifications, feel free to ask, if not, you can close the conversation and rate the answer.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative disc disease c5 c6
- C5 degenerative disc disease infertility
- What is the cause and treatment of degenerative disc disease
- Is degenerative disc disease curable
- Degenerative disc disease with spondylosis c5 6 and c6 7
- Degenerative disc disease prognosis
- Degenerative disc disease neck
- Lumbar degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative disc disease exercises