What does fatty infiltration of liver indicate?

Dr. Prashant

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Fatty infiltration of liver with no focal hepatic mass detected. What does this mean for me?
Answered by Dr. Prashant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It means there is exces fat which is accumulated in your liver

Detailed Answer:

Fatty liver over a period of time may start damaging heptocytes and liver function if not controlled / treated leading to a serious condition that is cirrhosis of liver. But as of now the findings are not concerning.

I would suggest diet modifications with less of oily and fat containing food , daily physical activity and maintaining proper weight. This will help you in reverting the liver structure.

Hope this information helps you
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad