What does excess bleeding from the pouch indicate after an illiostomy?
Thank you XXXXXXX Dickerman
No need to worry
Hi and welcome.
In most cases such bleeding is caused by mucositis or small angiodispasia in bowel and occasionally from stomach edges. in most cases this is self limiting and there is no need for some specific therapy. It would be good to do red blood count just to see how significant this bleeding is. if there is anemia then some further tests should be done which include scintigraphy or enterogaphy but as I said,I don't think it will be required.
if ileostomy was done because of malignant issue then tumor relaps is possible but also not likely.
so there is no need for any urgent measures,unless some serious symptoms occur such as hipotension, skin paleness or loss of consciousness .
Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does bleeding after consumption of marvelon pill indicate
- What does bleeding with blood clots indicate after tubal ligation
- Excessive bleeding after leep
- What does pink bleeding after protected sex indicate
- Excessive bleeding after childbirth
- What does bleeding one week after taking an ipill indicate
- What causes excessive bleeding after taking primulot
- What does bleeding after sex and foul smell indicate
- What causes cellulitis after j pouch surgery
- Hypoplasia endometrium bleeding after taking siphene what does this indicate
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?