What does elevated t4 level mean?

Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi. My tsh is normal but free t4. Above normal. What does it mean? Am om eltroxin for hypothyroid for ages
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reduce the dose.

Detailed Answer:
dear user , hi! you seem to have been taking over dose that is making you what we call subclinical hyperthyroid. so you must reduce the dose by 25% and review after 6 weeks. you may not be clinically symptomatic but do not allow yourself to be in hyperthyroid state. regards!
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 1 minute later
2 weeks ago my tsh was low and free t4 normal
Now its oposite. How?
Brief Answer:
Dose?

Detailed Answer:
dear sir, what was the dose then? was the dose increased?
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 5 minutes later
Same dose no change am on 131.25 mcg evryday. If i reduce to 125 i become hypo and feel sick. At least now am not sick
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue same dose.

Detailed Answer:
Dear user, if you are clinically comfortable then continue same dose. reports do not matter much, clinical status is more important. now you get yourself checked after 3 months and let me know. regards!
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 26 minutes later
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
my pleasure.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX you are always welcome. we love to satisfy your queries. regards!