What does elevated platelet count indicate?

Question
In 2009 my Platelets were 398, 2010 they were not taken, 2013 they were 438, in 2014 they were 462.....my doctor retired at 50 because of Obama..now I see a nurse practitioner.......she seems panic over the Platelet count.....I am not tired, have headaches, or dizzy etc....I am 78 and know I do not eat right......I have been cooking since I was 13 and am tired of cooking....I drink lots of Frappuccino's and eat oatmeal......eat better on the weekend.....I am 5-3 and weigh 145 pounds
I tired to get an appointment with a blood doctor this Tuesday but I guess the guy that makes the appointment did not think it was neccessary as I called him twice and he never returned the calls......should I be worried.......I feel great
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
some work up needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Welcome to health care magic.
The platelet counts may be increased in hematological disorders but there are other reasons that can result in raised platelet counts like urinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections and parasitic infections in the gut.
You should get complete blood counts, urine routine examination and stool examination.
If these reports turn out to be normal then you do not need to do any further workup, just ensure a balanced nutritious diet.
If there is any problem in the reports you can put a follow-up query in my name or you can visit a local physician or hematologist to manage the problem according to the findings.
I hope the advice will be helpful for you.