What does elevated AST and ALT levels?
I should also say the recent LFT test was done after I had been on the low carb diet for about 2 weeks. The weight was coming off pretty fast at that point. I have never been diagnosed with fatty liver but I ate a lot of sugar and pasta and bread over the years and had accumulated a fair bit of belly fat. Now the belly fat has melted away and I feel very good.
Following causes to high transaminases...
I have gone through your medical history and understood your concerns.
There are many factors causing high transaminases:
- drinking alcohol
I advise to:
- continue the diet changes you are already following
- stop drinking alcohol although you enjoy drinking it with your new wife
All the best! If anything unclear, do write me back!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dizziness with elevated alt and ast levels
- What causes elevated ast and alt levels
- High alt levels but alt < ast
- Elevated ast borderline alt level
- Elevated level of ast and alt in helicobacter pylori patients
- Hiv fever elevated ast alt levels fatigue
- Suggest treatment for elevated ast and alt levels
- Elevated alt and ast levels indicative of liver cancer
- Does hgh elevate ast and alt levels
- Chronically elevated alt and ast levels, vascular function
- Have abdominal pain radiating to groin area and aggravating sciatic...
- Chest pain and vomiting. Cardiac test results came normal. On TUMS and...
- Vaginal spotting with bowel movement. Had cryosurgery to remove cervical...
- What are the side effects of taking benzibiotic?
- Getting light vaginal bleeding with bowel movements and abdominal pain....
- History of recurrent cancer, ileostomy and reverse ileostomy. Having...
- Diagnosed with gastritis and hiatal hernia. Having difficulty breathing....
- Having pain due to swollen stomach and told as having a swollen spleen...
- Getting pain from under arm while bending due to lumps. Should I be...
- Suffer abdominal pain and loose stools. Experiencing itchy anus. Prone...