What does early menstrual bleeding and spotting indicate despite being on OVAA medication?
I am suffering from pcod , now I am planning for a baby so I consulted to a Gynaecologist. she gave OVAA shield tablets as a course, after using those medications at 12th day unexpectedly menstrual period started.at the time she prescribed Dear21 (oral contraceptive)tablets to control bleeding. Now I got menstrual cycle at 32 days of interval with pink coloured spotting with less menstrual bleeding (3 drops for 3 days).I thought that I was conceive but in HCG test the out put is negative. Is my treatment going well or not? what is reason behind by early menstrual periods and spotting. Is there any serious issue with my health? is it ok to use DEAR21 tablets while I am planning for baby ? please give suggestions
Treatment is to regularize periods.
You are having irregular and delayed periods due to PCOD. The Dear 21 tablets will help you in getting regular periods. It is a contraceptive and will not cause conception.
The treatment for conception will start after the periods are regularized. You need ovulation-inducing drugs for ovulation and conception.
It is best to consult an infertility specialist for proper treatment. Before regularizing the periods the treatment to help conception cannot be started.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thanks for reply,
After my periods for this month my physician prescribed to use ovabless,smartova-100 and duphaston as a course of this month. Is it useful for my problem? what are the precautions have to be taken for fertilizing and stabilize ovum? I need to travel 1 hour journey to reach my office and I am working as medical coder for about 09 and half an hour sitting continuously for this job need. Please give me suggestion about this too
Ovabless and SmartNova will help in the formation of healthy ova and Duphaston will help you in getting periods on time.
In addition to this, ovulation-inducing drugs are needed along with regular ovulation studies to find the exact time of ovulation so that intercourse can be timed along with it.
The journey and your daily routine work can be continued.
But most important is exercising to lose weight and becoming fit.
If exercise is not done then the hormonal imbalance will still be there. A proper diet consisting of low carbohydrates, low-fat diet with plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables.
Drink plenty of water. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes. Avoid junk food, pastries, colas.
Both of you should try to have regular intercourse during the ovulation days or fertile days(9 to 16 days in a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days duration).
The frequency of intercourse during ovulation should be at least every alternate day.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for menstrual cramps
- What does the medical report indicate
- Medication to stop spotting or bleeding during early pregnancy
- Drugs/medication for Abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Hasimoto medication menstrual pain
- Drugs/medication for Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- What are the suggested medications to prepone the menstrual cycle
- Drugs/medication for Excessive menstrual bleeding
- Drugs/medication for Inter menstrual bleeding
- What medication is effective in treating irregular menstrual cycles
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...