What does distorted vision after blowing nose indicate?
Need not to worry if this happened once.
Welcome to health care magic,
I have read your query and I understand your concern.
This kind of single episode of a skewed or distorted vision usually occurs as a result of VasoVagal or Postural Syncope.It is called as transient loss of vision or amaurosis fugax.
If it has occurred for the first time and your vision has been corrected immediately after that then you do not need to worry.Be rested.
Here, if you do not have any history of eye disorders (retinal artery obstructuion) or cardiovasular disorders or any periphral vasular disease then you need not worry.It might have occurred due to vasovagal response while blowing your nose.
If episodes repeats then you need to consult physician and opthalmologist to rule out retinal artery obstruction,transient hypotension, peripheral vascular diseases, prodromal phase of migraine or vertigo.
But as i said earlier,if this vision distortion or transient loss episode repeats in the future otherwise nothing serious.
If you have any query then feel free to ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headache after blowing nose
- Pins and needles and vision distortion
- Migraine after blowing nose
- Peripheral vision from left eye is distorted what is this
- Headache nausea distorted vision
- What could be the reason for the distorting vision
- Seeing flashes after blowing nose what causes them
- Blowing nose after tonsillectomy
- What is screeching noise in ears after blowing nose
- Dizziness after blowing nose