What does discoloration on the penis head indicate?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: One side of my penis head is discolored due to a bruise - I had the foreskin on one side of my penis balloon up and I had to go to the ER to get it forced back under. The bruise has not gone away in many years however despite everything I have read saying that it should disappear on its own and I fear it is permanent. It is slightly sensitive but mostly the issue is that it is ugly - it takes up almost one side of the head and is quite obvious and I have been avoiding sex because of it.
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Be reassured that the discoloration doesn't affect sexual function.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM. You are unnecessarily anxious about the discoloration over the tip/ head of the penis.such discolorations are mainly cosmetic in nature and don't cause any impairment of your sexual function.you should not keep thinking about this, and avoid sex.there are so many people with similar discolorations over the head of penis,and the best thing to do,is to ignore it completely. if there are any queries related to it, feel free to contact me for clarification.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist