What does detection of fetal poles with no heart beat indicate?
No. This is a missed abortion.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your ultrasound dates are not corresponding with the LMP. Detecting fetal poles with no heart beat is suggestive of a missed abortion.
No rise in HCG levels for last two weeks is again suggestive of a non viable pregnancy. These levels will gradually start decreasing in next few days.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
my doctor says just wait for another 10days or so,then repeat u/s (just for mental satisfaction)...
in the mean time if I started bleeding that means , expectant mgmt works..other wise she said she will go with medicine no surgery required. as per her as fetal is only 6w1d its OK to go with medicine only..please suggest on that..
I am spending awful days now... :(
Wait for spontaneous bleeding.
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry to hear about this. It is best to wait for next 10 days and let the spontaneous bleeding start. This will help in spontaneous expulsion of the fetus.
In case the fetus is not expelled on its own then you can take the help of medicines as prescribed by your gynecologist.
Just be careful to not to plan your next pregnancy for next 6 months in case you use medicines for the abortion as it causes irregular periods. Surgical method- suction and evacuation is also a safe procedure.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...