What does decrease in follicle size indicate?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello doctor
M trying to conceive m 28 and hav pcod ... Iv had a missed miscarrige this march and this time also thru follocular iv tried to conceive but this tym my folicle grew till 20.5mm et 10mm but aftr hcg shot my follicle dint rapture on the contrary it decreased in size . Usound lady said there is fluid but cant confirm ovulation . I am confused as to whether i did ovulate or not ?
M currentl 6dpo and have lower abdomen pains ...sore breasts and very hungry n very thirstly all the tym. Frequent trips to the bathroom in the nyts n also cant seem to gy sleep and feeling so bloated
Pls tell me can follicle reduce in size befr ovulation and if so is gettin pregnant possible ?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Yes decrease in follicle size can mean ovulation and there are good chances of pregnancy.
Please take a pregnancy test if you miss your period.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Hello doctor
Thanks fr ur response ...i would also lik to knowIs there anything i can do to avoid a miscarriage due to pcod i am really scared cz iv had one before ! So willing to do anythin that minimizes the chances of an abortion ! Last tym my baby had no hearbeat !
Pls suggest anythin i can do to avoid all that !
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your anxiety and fear, dear.
But one miscarriage does not mean that you will again miscarry.
That stress will create problems.
You should take good progesterone and hormonal support once the pregnancy is confirmed.
In which city do you reside ?
Avoid travelling for long distances, intercourse, lifting heavy weights, stress, and dont consume any medications without consulting your OB - GYN first.
Feel free to contact me directly anytime you wish, by clicking on the following link -
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-aarti-abraham/64623
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 39 hours later
Is there anything younwould like to suggest to recover from pcod ?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
What is your height and weight ?