What does dark stool with strong odor suggest?
I would suggest you to get your stool tested.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the brief details. Do not bother about the colour, odour and consistency of the stool. Take ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) and plenty of other fluids. It comes in ready made form or may be prepared by mixing a full XXXXXXX in a litre of water. Replenishment of the lost water and salts as the mainstay of treatment. Treatment is not supposed to bring down the frequency of passage of loose stools. The adequacy of the hydration would be evident from the frequency of passage of urine. If that seems to be fine, you need not worry. In the meantime get your stool tested. Unless it indicates an infection, antibiotics are not needed.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be causing the dark stool
- Blood in stool and dark stool together
- What do dark stools mean
- Dark stool strong antibiotics no blood
- Dark grey baby stool stool
- What does slimy stool suggest
- What causes stool to be dark gray
- Is dark stool an indication for blood in stool
- What causes dark brown stool
- What causes dark stool warfarin