What does dark colored stool and thinning hair suggest?
may be the iron
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Iron supplements can cause the stool to appear dark or black.
If you have not been directed to use iron supplements (if there is no history of low iron levels), then it is best to stop them.
As persons age, this supplement is not used unless there is evidence of low levels. Most older persons have high not low levels.
Use when not appropriate in this instance can result in iron toxicity and increase risk of oxidative damage to different areas due to the iron.
If you do have low levels, then it should be continued.
The align, as a probiotic, is not known to cause tarry stools.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
not a known effect
Probiotics themselves are not known to cause hair loss and are theorized to help with hair growth.
In terms of iodine, this is used to make thyroid hormone so most believe it would help with hair growth as well though some persons complain of the opposite effect.
Summary: (1) in most persons probiotics and iodine have a good effect on hair , not known to cause loss
Please feel free to ask anything else
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Baldness and thin hair please suggest remedies for it
- Thinning hair on microgynon 30
- Thinning hair stressed irregular eating habits what should i do
- Thinning hair after taking hormone therapy history of hysterectomy suggestions
- What are the treatments for hair loss and thin hair
- Pityrosporum folliculitis thinning hair
- Hair fall and thinning hair what to do
- What is the treatment for thin hair and baldness
- Have dandruff thinning hair reduced growth of hair suggest treatment
- Severe dandruff itching thinning hair suggest treatment