What does creatinine 226.2,microalbumin 76.3 and Albumin 34 indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Dear Dr.Pati,

I am a diabetic and received my microalbumin/creatinine results by testing of the urine. The results were:

Creatinine/226.2
Microalbumin/76.3 (H)
Albumin/Creatinine 34 (H)

The last two indicate "high." However, I was told the results were within the norm. Can you clarify for me?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please consult Nephrologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up and trusting me
Your urinary creatinine is low (Normal range is 300-2000) and Albumin levels are marginally high (normal range is 30 )with increased ACR that suggest beginning of renal paranchymal (kidney) disease .This is very common in diabetic individuals and has to be monitored frequently.

Please consult qualified Nephrologist for detail assessment and evaluation.

Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thank you so much.

Can these reading ever improve, or does deterioration continue, and is this close to requiring dialysis?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No there are no where close for Dialysis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
These values are norserious and does not suggest serious renal paranchymal disease and you do ot require dialysis.

It is common for person having diabetes to have renal paranchymal damage due to diabetes and to have these values higher than normal individuals .

Only precaution one has to take is to see that your diabetes is under control to prevent further damage of the kidneys.

It is no where close to require dialysis.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj