What does constipation and white pieces in feces indicate?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Fri, 29 May 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: There is white stuff in my feces. I dont know what it is but I know its not normal. Also everytime I need to do a bowl movement it feels like im going into labour first. I am constipated aswell. Last month on the 29th I had a runny tummy and the doctor said I have too much acid and that I have Gastro. Now I have changed my diet and quit smoking. I just know my bowl movements should not be painfull and it should not look the way it does. Please advise. I scared one of my organs are breaking down inside of me. My doctor did not answer my question but gave me medication for constipation.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is shed mucosa, need ultrasound

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query.

Congrats on quiting smoking. But I need more details. When did you quit smoking? What changes have you made in your diet? Since when do you have above mentioned symptoms?

From your query, I was able to figure that you have pain abdomen while passing stools that have white stuff. It seems there is inflammation of the mucosa of the intestine most probably due to some infection. You should get complete stool analysis to find any infection or infestation. Typhoid and amoebiasis are also to be ruled out. Widal is the test for typhoid. White stuff can also be fungi.

About pain along with motions after ruling out infection, other causes should be ruled out. See a surgeon. He may prescribe an ultrasound of the abdomen.

Till then eat hygienic food and drink cleaner water. Water borne infections are most common cause of such symptoms.

For constipation take prunes. Milk and juices are some natural laxatives.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee