What does constant phlgem and chronic cough suggest?
Some things you can start
I am Dr Mittal
I have read your query.
First, start him on Tab Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day.
Often this type of chronic cough is due to undetected gastritis.
If he has no nasal congestion, it is unlikely that the nasal drops would help him.
Instead, start him on warm saline gargles and steam inhalation 4 times a day or more.
A prolonged cough should ideally be investigated with a x ray chest as well.
So I suggest the same.
If there is additional breathlessness and fever, better to get a echocardiography as well.
If you want to meet another doctor, I would suggest a physician instead of a ENT specialist.
I hope that helps.
Feel free to contact us for more information.
Best of luck.
He doesn't really cough that much. He clears his throat repeatedly through the day, as it progresses through the day. He is trying to get the phlegm removed. So it is not really a cough per say. Just wanted to clarify that. And in the morning, he doesn't really have much phlegm. There is no fever, no feeling bad, no limited energy; things you would experience with a virus or something.
I have read your response.
Thanks for the same.
I can only suggest 2 additional thing to it-
1. use of a spirometer
2. testing a PFT
I will suggest you follow on the prior advice.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can be done to treat chronic cough
- What causes a chronic cough with slimy saliva
- What is a chronic cough
- What treatment is suggested for chronic cough
- Suggest medication for chronic cough and breathlessness
- What could be the reason for chronic cough
- What is the cause and treatment for chronic cough
- Got chronic cough scratchy throat what to do
- Quit smoking having chronic cough what to do
- What are the symptoms of chronic cough?