What does complex cyst in ovary idncate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Thank you. Please see my new upload for three pics from the ultrasound. There is obviously something on the ovary but I'm wondering if it is a complex cyst or something worse.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
complex cyst in the right ovary

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The scan photos show a complex cyst in the right ovary. The exact size can be detected in the printed report. The heterogenous texture of the cyst is likely to be due to a hemorrhagic cyst.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Thanks Dr. Tayal.

Yes, I noticed the sizing markers on the picture as 2.11cm and 1.8cm Would that be interpreted as a 2.11cm cyst? While I will ask my doctor these questions when I see her, in the meantime, is this something that you feel I should be concerned about?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not worrisome

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
2.11cm cyst is a small cyst and is not worrisome. It just needs a follow up scan after 10-12 weeks to see the progress.
Regards.