What does complex cyst in ovary idncate?

Excellent
Question
Thank you. Please see my new upload for three pics from the ultrasound. There is obviously something on the ovary but I'm wondering if it is a complex cyst or something worse.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
complex cyst in the right ovary

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The scan photos show a complex cyst in the right ovary. The exact size can be detected in the printed report. The heterogenous texture of the cyst is likely to be due to a hemorrhagic cyst.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: What does complex cyst in ovary idncate? 6 minutes later
Thanks Dr. Tayal.

Yes, I noticed the sizing markers on the picture as 2.11cm and 1.8cm Would that be interpreted as a 2.11cm cyst? While I will ask my doctor these questions when I see her, in the meantime, is this something that you feel I should be concerned about?

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not worrisome

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
2.11cm cyst is a small cyst and is not worrisome. It just needs a follow up scan after 10-12 weeks to see the progress.
Regards.