What does coarse echotexture of the liver mean?

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: what is course liver condition?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get yourself evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.

Coarse hepatic echotexture is a sonographic impression of liver when smooth hepatic echotexture of liver is lost. This can occur due to number of reasons like fatty liver, fibrosis of liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis etc. In diabetics also it can occurr.

I will advise you to get further tests like liver function tests, if there is any abnormality in them then further evaluation is required, otherwise not.

For constipation take lots of fibres and fluids in your diet. I mean to say lots of fruits and vegetables. Other food items that have high fibre content are oats, whole wheat , ragi, barley, greens, beans, peas, lentils.

Among allopathic medicines you can take Lactifibre which is the combination of lactitol and Isabghola, which are quite safe even for long term use.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy