What does clear substance in urine indicate?

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Yes I've been having this clear substance in my urine for a while. I had a urinalysis and it said a trace of mucus. What does this mean? I have it everyday is that normal?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
Trace of mucus in urinalysis is normal. Mucus is produced from the lining of urinary tract and helps in preventing any infections. But the mucus production increases if there is associated infection like urinary tract infection.

Since your urinalysis report is otherwise normal, there is no need to worry.

Hope I have answered you. You can close the discussion and rate the answer, if you don't have further query.

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj