Ask a Urologist   »  

What does clear substance in urine indicate?

Excellent

Question
Yes I've been having this clear substance in my urine for a while. I had a urinalysis and it said a trace of mucus. What does this mean? I have it everyday is that normal?
Posted Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
Trace of mucus in urinalysis is normal. Mucus is produced from the lining of urinary tract and helps in preventing any infections. But the mucus production increases if there is associated infection like urinary tract infection.

Since your urinalysis report is otherwise normal, there is no need to worry.

Hope I have answered you. You can close the discussion and rate the answer, if you don't have further query.

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav