What does bulky uterus with thickened endometrium indicate?
Your doctor's opinion is right.
Thanks for writing to us.
Please do not worry!
In my opinion, she should go for endometrial biopsy with histopathology to rule out endometrial cancer first, which is the most common cause of endometrial thickness and postmenopausal bleeding.( there are other causes for bulky uterus but cancer should be rule out first)
Actually after menopause endometrium only get thickened when estrogen stimulation is there. it may be due to overweight, pills, hormone secreating tumour of ovary or hormonal supplement (tamoxifene).
In your mother's case these are not the cause so first go for endometrial biopsy and histopathology to rule out endometrial cancer, if test results are negative then we should go for further treatment.
Meanwhile she can take Iron, calcium, haemostatic drugs.
As your doctor said if bleeding is more then we can go for D&C.
In my opinion in her case if cancer rule out then we should think for hysterectomy( removal of uterus) also.
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Wait until reports
Nice to see you.
You can wait for D&C, till her biopsy and histopathology report will come.
D&C will require when she bleed profusely (due to thickened endometrium) and not controlled by medication. In her case her bleeding already stop so no need for D&C now.
I think this information is useful to you, if you want to ask more questions I am happy to answer you.
Good luck and Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Retroverted bulky uterus with thickened endometrium
- "bulky uterus" with diffusely thickened endometrium
- Mild bulky uterus with thickened endometrium
- Bulky uterus with thickened endometrium in pregnancy
- Bulky uterus with thickened endometrium causes
- Treatment for bulky uterus and thickened endometrium
- What does bulky uterus with thickened endometrium means
- Bulky uterus and thickened endometrium
- Bulky uterus with grossly thickened endometrium
- Bulky anteverted uterus with thickened endometrium