What does bulky retroverted uterus mean?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: My ultasound shows bulky retroverted uterus 73mm. Two subserosal fibroids.well defined thickened endometrium 17 mm. Mixed echoes at the fungus. Trace of fluid lower segment of the endometrium. Trace of fluid in pod mad 19 mm
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may need biopsy of the endometrium.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

According to reports,your uterus in enlarged in size and there are two subserosal uterine fibroids.Size of fibroid is not mentioned.
Fibroid is benign tumour of the uterus. Fibroid may involve many region of the uterus like muscle of uterus(called as mural),below serosa of uterus(called as subserosa) etc.

Fibroid can be treated by both means conservatively and surgically depend upon many things like age,family is completed or not etc.
Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogs are commonly used in the medical treatment of fibroids.

Endometrium is also thickened.You may need biopsy of endometrium depending upon symptoms.Biopsy is needed to exclude malignant causes.

Trace fluid in POD may be due to ovulation or pelvic inflammatory disease(PID).You need clinical correlation.
You should consult your gynecologist.

Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T