What does brown vaginal discharge while on Meprate indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: i was advised 30 days course of 1 tab/ day of Meprate . Did not had sex for these 30 days but Had unprotected sex 24 hrs after the course was finished .Then next day after sex ,had a brown discharge ?
Can I still be pregnant ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy not likely if periods start.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The brown discharge can be due to stopping meprate. It can be due to an impending period. Meprate is not a contraceptive. It does not prevent the pregnancy. Wait for the proper periods to start. Pregnancy not likely if you have normal periods now.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D