What does brown vaginal discharge after taking Primolut-N indicate?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: hi !! i had 2 primolut N tablets and then had a protected sex.. then next day my period is just like fluid like blood..less bleeding compared to my regular periods.. Are there any chances of pregnancy?

my vaginal bleeding before having sex is already in blood colour.please answer me fast
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unrelated

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. I am sorry that your query took a long time before it got assigned to me. I will try to help you out.

Let me assure you that your having sex a day before your period has no connection with the periods. The periods occur exactly 14 days from the ovulation and therefore there is no connection. Moreover, in such a time of the cycle you need not have protected sex if contraception is the objective (protection from HIV and STDs is a different issue which is to be considered independent). Protection (in terms of contraception) is only needed between the 10th and 18th day of your cycle as it is your fertile period. However, this might not be valid in case of persons with PCOS.

Hopefully that should help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
actually i had protected sex last month too. and i got my periods regularly after that.but the duration of periods was just for 3-4 days.Then is it ok or are there any chances of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not pregnant.

Detailed Answer:
Unless your periods stop it does not indicate that you are pregnant. The rest is normal variation and unrelated to your having sex before your periods. In any case, it is not in your fertile period and so even unprotected sex will not make you pregnant in that timing.