What does brown spot on inner thigh indicate?

Dermatologist
Question
ok. so. I m a 37 year old XXXXXXX XXXXXXX male and I have developed this brown spot on my inner thigh right under my groin. It and in the crease between groin and thigh. It doesn't itch, but I hate how it looks . dark spots about size of quarter and one the size of dime.. What could this be?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be PIH with intertrigo

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the pics attached. The small brown spot looks like a post inflammatory hyperpigmentation(PIH). But the area underneath still has some redness. So the probable cause for this involvement could be inertrigo.
Right now you should use a steroid antifungal cream twice in a day for a week. Once the redness is gone and area has healed, to reduce the marks or PIH you may use hydroquinone 2% cream twice in a day. It would take few weeks for hydroquinone to work and reduce marks.You can take these medication with your primary doctor prescription.
Should there be any doubt, please write back.
Hope this helped.