What does bowel movements after eating food indicate?
Gastrocolic reflux is the medical term for this state. The person has to defecate after he eats anything. This cannot be normal all the time. This kind of gut disturbances are seen in Lactose intolarence, Inflammatory bowel disease, Irritable Bowel syndrome. The former two is mainly like allergy to some kind of food that the gut is not liking and it tries to immediately express its disinterest in the form of quick bowel movement. The latter is related to functional disorder where the doctors treat it related to mind, stress etc.
So it is not easy to suggest you medication for the above problem online, your husband needs a thorough history and examination by Gastroenterologist.
Hope this answer is informative and gives you a direction how to go about.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden bowel movements after eating
- Loose bowel movements after eating
- What foods facilitate bowel movements
- Uncontrollable bowel movements after eating
- Bowel seepage after bowel movement
- Constant bowel movements after eating
- Bowel movement after eating beets
- What causes bowel movement immediately after eating food
- Liquid bowel movements after eating
- Bowel movements after bowel resection