Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

What does body ache,fever with chills and weakness indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2688 Questions
I have had the following symptoms for the past four days Body ache Loss of appetite Brief spell of Cold Hands and shivering in the evening Now a temperature of 38 C Slight nausea General weakness and lack of energy Dry cough ( have had that for a couple of months following a cold lasting for 3 weeks in December. Have taken 500 mg Paracetomal for two days Am on an 8 week treatment of Flomaxtra XL 400 mg 1x per day Proscar 5 mg 1x per day Visiting the US for 4 weeks from the UK where I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostrate in January following a urinary tract infection. That has cleared following two weeks of antibiotics.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs more information Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD I have read your query. You seem to be having four days of Body ache, fever with chills and rigors, weakness and lack of energy Loss of appetite, nausea These are associated with dry cough. Now there are some possibilities these set of symptoms suggest. a. Sinusitis- in view of symptoms starting with cold- suggest x ray pns water view b. Chest infection- in view of long standing cough with fever- suggest x ray chest c. urinary tract infection- in view of fever with chill and rigors and other constitutional symptoms- suggest urine routine and culture, Complete hemogram with ESR. Now ideally these may occur in malaria and tuberculosis as well as many other infections. But since I dont know where you live, I am not sure about the possibility of you having them. So I suggest malarial antigen, mantoux test in addition, as per your area. I would also like to know if you have hypertension and diabetes, or any other medical issues outside of prostate enlargement. Please do get back to me with the aforementioned reports and information. The reports can be uploaded with the query. Best of luck Hoping to hear from you soon with further information Dr Saumya Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor