What does blood pressure variation between 206/102 to 172/95 indicates?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My blood pressure elevated today varies between 206/102 to 172/95. I forgot my medicine yesterday but took it this morning and afternoon. The left side of my face full eye down the cheek to the top lip is red, hot and painful. Is it related to the high blood pressure?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to visit an ER

Detailed Answer:
Hello Maam

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that any blood pressure reading above 180/110 is a medical emergency and needs urgent attention in a medical care setup.

As your bp is fluctuating above 200/100 so its definitely a medical emergency and you need to visit a hospital emergency as soon as possible to avoid any devastating complications as you will be requiring IV medications to lower blood pressure to an acceptable extent.

Yes, these symptoms could be due to this high blood pressure.

Kindly take it seriously.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana