What does blood pressure of 127/90 and pulse rate of 71 indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my blood pressure is 127/90 and pulse is 71 I have had a echo and it shows I have left septial hypertrophy and left atrial dilatation, do I need to see my GP
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you should see your cardiologist or G.P.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HCM.
The causes of cardiomegaly may vary. Many times this condition results from high blood pressure (hypertension) or coronary artery disease. An enlarged heart may not pump blood effectively, resulting in congestive heart failure.A stress test should also be done to rule out coronary artery disease,Fasting lipid profile should be done.If all these tests are normal then you are clear from cardiac side.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy