• question-icon

What does blood in vomit during pregnancy indicate?

Posted on Fri, 4 Aug 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I am 27 weeks pregnant and on livogen xt in the afternoon and I have severe heart burn so I take rantac everyday before lunch but yesterday night I had a vomiting in the night and there was blood in the end of my vomit pls suggest
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
?Tear in the foodpipe

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

It looks like the bleeding is due to a small tear in the food pipe that could have occured due to vomiting.
If it is recurrent, if the Hemoglobin drops or if the stool is tarry, get medical opinion.
If these are not present continue taking Rantac and also take Sucralfate 10 ml four times a day for a week.

Dr.R.K.
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist