What does blood in urine indicate?

Question
yes hello there
I'am a 58 year old mostly male. I have an anexiety disorder, too add to this. I eat healthy, most of the time. I always drink plenty of fluids. I dont smoke, nore use tobacco products. On occasions i have a beer or 2. Not exactly a drinker. I experience low back pain, when i do strenoues work. I'am 5ft 6 and weigh 179 pds. for the past 4 days i have been experiencing lower side aches or a pain, right below the waist line. I usually walk 1 mile at a local park around 3 to 4 times per week. makes for a healthy you. If i press in on the point or area of the systems, it does not get any worse, nor does it make me get into exceruting pain. Its been very annoying. My bowels movemenst are normal, and as i said i drink pently of water. I was examined at my local docters offce the other day. He did a urin test, found slight traces of blood, but i dont pee out any, nor does it hurt when i do so. I can walk and get up from a sitting position. I have no fever. It was 97.1. What is going on here? If i move in different directions, the left lower side below the belt line aches and is uncomfortable. HELP. LOL..sorry...i'am all MALE! I'am Straight and married.
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Abdominal ultrasound

Detailed Answer:

Blood in the urine microscopically indicates either presence of stones or infection.

Sometimes infection in upper parts of the Urinary tract can present with no fever as it could be a chronic one.

I recommend you to get an Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis to rule out the above conditions.

Meanwhile you can take antispasmodic and NSAID combination pain killer or the problem.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.