What does blood in the vomit with a severe cough and cold indicate?
I should also mention that at no point in this has he spiked a fever. He has been very lethargic, quiet and not interested in feeding. If he does feed, he vomits almost immediately after. He also vomits at random. Every time he vomits it is massive amounts of vomit and he almost always chokes on it. His cough and mucusy breathing are both still present. I just have a hard time believing that all of this is being caused by excess mucus. Is there any reason why no doctor would run any tests on him at all?
Blood tests need to be done
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The lethargy concerns me and it could be a sign of a bacterial infection.
You need to get the blood counts and CRP level checked. An elevated blood count and/or CRP would indicate a bacterial infection and would call for treatment with antibiotics.
Steam inhalation would help in relieving the cough. It will take a few days. It will also help to give him some antiallergic like cetirizine.
Give paracetamol and tepid sponging if there is fever greater than 100°F.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe cold and cough every month
- Cough and cold symptoms with vomiting
- Treatment for severe cold and cough
- Severe cough and cold blood in sputum chances of tuberculosis
- What is the treatment for severe cold and cough
- Medicine for severe cough cold
- Cold cough vomiting loose motion
- Waht causes vomiting with cold and cough
- What is the remedy for cold and cough with vomiting
- Cold coughing blood in mucus