• question-icon

What does blood blister on anus after surgery indicate?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi doctor, I had undergone a stapler surgery for piles on 22 of July. After the surgery a blood blister appeared on the anus, on the edge of the anus. Today one more blood blister appeared and it's paining. Pls suggest a mediation to get rid of it
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ibuprofen, stool softeners, visit the Surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Please clear a few doubts:
Was the Surgery done on 22 XXXXXXX this year or 22 July last year? Or which date.
Age and gender?
Any Medical problems or medications that you are on?
Any other information.
Clear and focused Photos if possible.
What is the size of the blisters?
Since the blood blisters have appeared at the anal verge and are painful you can take anti-inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen if it suits you and have no known contraindications.
Continue the stool softener or a laxative as you might have been prescribed.
Sitz bath in a tub with warm water to sooth the area and clean with plain water.
Since this is after Surgery that too after Stapler surgery, it may be necessary to be examined by the Operating Surgeon for proper assessment.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please give feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
I had the surgery last month only. I had piles and fissure. Third day after the surgery doctor gave me Botox injection to cure the fissure. From the third day the blister appeared. I met the surgeon after a week to chk the blister. He is telling that no medicine is required to cure the blister. It will cure in 30-40 days. I want to take a second opinion from u regarding this as I have to travel to USA by this month end.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
If these are blood blisters or fluidy one, they should get settled by this time.
Medicines like Serratiopetidase or Ibuprofen do help to reduce the inflammation and earlier healing although it is the body's reabsorption power that cures the problem.
They assist in early healing and thus control of pain .
Rest of the management as discussed above.

Is the pain still present?
When did the second blister appear?
Any problem while passing motion?

Please post clear and focussed photos if possible.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon