What does blocked vision after cataract surgery indicate?

Posted on Sat, 30 May 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I had cataract surgery 4 months ago the right eye is fine. I feel like I have something in my left eye and vision is blocked in about a third of my eye most of time. sometimes more?????????????
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out complications following cataract surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.

I reviewed your history.

It seems from the history that you are having blocked vision in left eye after cataract surgery.

The common causes that needs to be ruled out are
Complications following cataract surgery like after cataract, cystoid macular edema.

Hence I advice you to consult ophthalmologist and take second opinion before deciding on the further course of treatment.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.

Thank you
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 22 hours later
In other words is see a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This requires evaluation by eye doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up question.

Any thing affecting the vision cannot be ignored and it requires proper evaluation and treatment. This will prevent further decrease of vision.

You need to undergo common tests like measurement of visual acuity, refraction testing, anterior segment evaluation by slit lamp and indirect ophthalmoscopy to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.

Hence I advice you to consult your eye doctor for evaluation to rule out common complications which usually occur following cataract surgery and other causes for symptoms of blocked vision.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank you
Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist