What does bleeding from the uterus indicate?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: A wound is detected on the mouth of my uterus.what can b the reason.bleeding continued for last 25 days
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some more inputs. PAP smear. USG.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, Dr. Purushottm Neurgaonkar welcomes you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) First of all do not panic.

2 ) I would like to know about few things.
What is your age?
Are sexualy active and or married. ?
Are you having regular cycles? Are your periods painful?
Do you get vaginal discharge often?

3 ) wound on the mouth of the womb is called as cervical erosion. This can be detected by doing a gynec check up including per speculum and per vaginal examination.

your bleeding needs to be differentiated between the bleeding from the cervix or from inside the uterus.

4 ) Also, I will suggest you to get PAP smear and USG done.

Please provide me with some more information so that I can help you with better treatment options.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 3 hours later
I m 30 yrs old. First two days of periods there is only clot discharge 2 or 3 times a day.then it used to b clear.but tis month I had may periods 5 days later.it is never painful.this period is continued yet with irregular bleeding now and then.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
progesterone tablets. oral and vaginal anti fungal and antibacterial.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

As you have mentioned that you have continuous bleeding for lat 25 days, I will suggest you to take prescription support from your treating doctor for getting progesterone tablets and Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid combination tablet. Your treating doctor can guide you about the doses of the same. This will help to minimise and stop your bleeding.

Once the bleeding stops, please get USG and PAP smear test done.
Considering cervical erosion, you can use antibacterial and anti fungal vaginal and oral tablets, of course with the presentation from your treating doctor.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Recently it has been diagnosed that I m having ectopic pregnancy.what can be the cure?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seek medical help immediately. IT'S URGENT.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for the most valuable input.

If you are diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy then your vaginal bleeding can be attributed to this condition. You need to seek medical advice for ectopic pregnancy as early as possible.
Your treating doctor can guide you regarding the treatment modality for ectopic pregnancy depending on various factors like weeks of gestation, values of blood beta HCG hormone, size of the ectopic pregnancy and most importantly your vital parameters.

Depending on your clinical presentation you might have to get medical or surgical
modality of treatment for the same.

Please do keep in touch with your treating doctor. If you have pain in abdomen, fainting, giddiness , please seek medical treatment urgently.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad