What does bleeding during bowel movements indicate?

Question
i have had three bowel movement events in the last three days. Unusual for me; usually three to five a month. All three have involved some amount of bright red blood, a small amount in the first two, more in the latest one.
What to do now?
Thank You,
Almira XXXXXXX
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a medical gastroenterologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting HealthcareMagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Fresh bleeding per rectum needs to be evaluated thoroughly. It could be due to haemorrhoids or due to some conditions like angiodysplasia.
I suggest you to consult a medical gastroenterologist and get evaluated. You have to run investigations like colonoscopy for proper diaganosis.
Wishing you good health
Thanks