What does black particles in stool?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Sat, 17 May 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I heard that coffee ground looking stool is A sign of bleeding . I had peppery ribs last night this morning in my stool i saw what look like pepper floating. Could that be just pepper are is it the coffee ground looking stool I hear doctors talk about?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload the photo of your stool...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Can you please send a picture of your stool with pepper floating things? That can help me assist you better!

If you had peppery ribs and you ate peeper seeds, they might appear in your stool. Furthermore, usually bleeding is also associated with other GI complains:
- pain
- discomfort
- anorexia
- diarrhea/constipation

Looking forward to have the requested photo in!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 13 minutes later
After another look it kind of looks like broccol stems with the tips dark, that i also had last night . The stool itself is lightish brown just random specs of tadpole looking things with dark tips ( brocolli stems) I will send a picture next BM . i
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to have a look at the stool myself....

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for following up.

From what you are describing, it might be malabsorbed food. However, the photo would help me assist you further!

Looking forward to have the photo in!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 11 minutes later
This is the best i can get . See the little black specs . There had gotten less and pet BM .
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can run a fecal occult blood test...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for the photo. Unfortunately, they were not clear enough, however, I do not find them problematic.

I suggest to send a sample to the lab and to run fecal occult blood test to rule out blood. You can ask at your local drug store for a commercial test too.

For the moment, I advise to try to avoid constipation and eat healthy and keep being physically active.

Hope it helped!
Dr.Albana
If the answer was at your satisfaction, kindly rate it while closing this thread. If you have further questions, I'll welcome them!