What does an oval cyst in left breast indicate?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jul 2014 in Lump
Question: Hi they found a oval cyst in my left breast in 7/13 4 by 5. Said it was begin. Check in 6 months. XXXXXXX 2014 cyst still sable no change. Then on XXXXXXX 6 my left nipple inverted had it check they did not see no chances. Said to get check in 2015 of XXXXXXX By the way it is a complicated cyst. Should I worry
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worry but please be alert about your conditon

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Complicated breast cysts are estimated to be reported in approximately 5% of breast sonographic examinations. The 6 months follow up is a standard protocol. Symptomatic complicated cysts generally warrant aspiration. So if you do not have any symptoms like pain or tenderness with increased size then no immediate intervention is needed. You must remain alert and perform self breast examination once every 15 days to assess any increase in size, pain or any new lumps in your breast and axilla (armpits) regularly. If such a situation arises you may consult your doctor at that time. The chance of malignancy is least in such lesions and there is no need to worry if you are alert about your condition.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any further doubts.

Dr.Vivek