Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What does an old lateral MI show in EKG?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 319 Questions
What kind of changes would u see on XXXXXXX Hutdherson ekg if old laterial mi
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 11 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

An Old Lateral MI would show large 'Q' waves (first negative wave in a QRS complex) in your lateral leads ie leads V5 and V6.

Sometimes it can even show decapitation of 'R' waves in leads V5 and V6 and poor R wave progression i.e. the generally the R wave increases in size from V1 to V6 but with a lateral MI it may not increase in size as expected.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Dr. Om Lakhani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does an old lateral MI show in EKG? 11 hours later
You see Jakes ekg with irreg heart beat what would you do next?
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 12 hours later

Well that depends on the changes on the ECG. Depends on what kind of abnormal rhythm you see on the ECG. The best thing .. to consult your healthcare professional ASAP when you see such ECG changes.

Dr. Om Lakhani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor