question-icon

What does an itchy bottom with minor boil?

Posted on Sat, 29 Mar 2014
Question: I am 30yr old male. Since Dec last year,I have been having itchy bottom.It felt like a minor abcess/boil in tht area. It was very prominent in XXXXXXX but it subsided significanyly in Feb after I started applying anti fungal powder. Even the abcess,which I had,subsided. I have been applying the powder every other day. However,since yesterday I feel itching in the anal area again. Which specialist shd I see? Could this be something serious like haemorrhoids?,would I need colonoscopy? Please advise,thanks.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu (7 hours later)
Brief Answer: Advised colonoscopy&consult proctologist... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your medical history and understood your concerns. The itchy bottom and minor abscess/boil in that area could be related to : - hemorrhoids - anal fissure I highly suggest to do colonoscopy and to get further evaluated by the proctologist. I advise to: - keep a good anal hygiene - avoid constipation Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida
Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist