What does an irritation to the side of vagina suggest?
Mostly due to pH imbalance.
Thanks for writing to us.
According to your information, vaginal irritation may be due to pH imbalance or low estrogen (indirect cause). I suggest you to undergo complete hormone profile (like serum estrogen level, FSH etc).
Following measures could be helpful in your case:
1) Use vaginal moisturizer cream like RepHresh pH gel or VAGISIL cream to avoid irritation and maintain vaginal pH. Maintain genital hygiene properly.
2) Wear only cotton clothes. Don't wear any tight fitting clothes/ underwear to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately.
3) Take healthy diet with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, Selenium, Zinc etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must LIMIT Salty/ Sugary/ Fatty foods.
4) Avoid chemical cosmetics, perfume or scented bath products around genital area. Keep the area mostly dry. You also AVOID unprotected sexual intercourse with chemical lubricant (water based only) until problem is resolved.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Details are given below.
Thanks for follow up query.
1) You can get "Monistat Complete Care vaginal Health Test Kit" over the counter. It helps to determine vaginal pH. You can easily do the test at home.
2) Maintain genital hygiene and use slight loose fitting underwear/ dress to reduce sweating or irritation. Follow above said measures.
3) I am not sure if you have specific home based test to diagnose the condition. In my opinion you should undergo one vaginal swab culture test to rule out vaginal infection and complete hormone profile (serum estrogen, LH/ FSH, TSH etc).
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irritating lump on vagina what could it be
- Vagina irritation after laparoscopy
- Soreness in vagina pimples irritation discomfort what is wrong
- Loose and irritable vagina what could be the cause
- What causes irritation in vagina with spotting after sex
- What causes irritation in anus and vagina
- What causes sperm to irritate a vagina
- Mdpv side effects bath salts irritating vagina
- Irritation inouter and side skin of vagina
- Are itching and irritation in the vagina and at the entrance to the vagina ?