What does an SGPT value of 133 and alkaline phosphate of 103 indicate?
Patient should be evaluated thoroughly.More then 3 times normal elevation of liver enzymes is significant.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.
The normal range of values for SGOT is about 5 to 40 units per liter of serum (the liquid part of the blood). The normal range of values for SGPT is about 7 to 56 units per liter of serum.Both these enzymes are elevated in your brothers case.As your brother is young and asymptomatic you have not mentioned his symptoms)he should be evaluated for Autoimmune hepatitis (liver inflammation caused by an autoimmune disorder).If his bilirubin levels are also elevated then it could be viral hepatitis also.
Please mention his direct indirect and total bilirubin levels?
Why was his liver function test done? I mean was he symptomatic?If yes what are his symptoms?
Any history of previous illness,medications etc?
These basic details are required before giving any further professional advice.
Waiting for reply.
Thank you for answering. His direct Bilirubin is 0.2 and indirect is 0.4, total is 0.6.
He was feeling very weak, and couldn't breath sometimes. Randomly he would fall down. He also complained about his tongue being very salty, with white bumps on it. Primary care physician recommended a glucose test and his sugar levels were extremely below normal range. His blood sugar coefficient was 0.5. Then they recommended a full liver function test. He hasn't had any major illness in a long time. He also mentioned his left hand and foot were numb and Dr gave him a Vit D injection as his Vit D was also low, and that seemed to have helped him. He also has dry throat and cough sometimes.
Hello again my dear,
After going through your narration i would say that a detailed investigation of hepatobiliary system is required in his case.
20 years is too young a age to suffer from the symptoms he is having.
Panel investigations required are-
CT chest and abdomen with contrast.
2d echo of heart.
Liver function tests.
If possible Fibroscan of liver.
Fasting and PP blood sugar.
Glucose tolerance test.
Serum vitamin B12 levels-Tungling and numbness.
Stool culture and microscopy-Apthous ulcers in mouth can be due to depleted gut flora.
Serum insulin levels- to ruke out cause of blood sugar variation.
Detailed investigations are required as he is symptomatic.
Please discuss this answer with your primary consultant and get these investigations done.
Follow up with reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done sgot sgpt serum alkaline phosphate test have acute appendicitis
- Alkaline phosphate levels indicate what
- What type of doctor deal with alkaline phosphate
- High alkaline phosphate as indicator of cancer
- What is the normal level of alkaline phosphate
- Indication of high alkaline phosphate
- 33month pregnancy high sgpt alkaline phosphate
- Sgot sgpt alkaline phosphate high in pregnant
- Alkaline phosphates of 133
- Normal value sgpt and alkaline phosphate
- What causes chronic pain after several abdominal surgeries?
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- How do belly bands function when inserted through the mouth?
- What causes burning sensation in the stomach along with vomiting?
- What does an SGPT value of 133 and alkaline phosphate of 103 indicate?
- Are stomachache, heartburn, nausea, flatulence and frequent bowel...
- What do yellow-colored stools indicate?
- Suggest treatment for upper chest pain
- Can Lotrel capsule be open and consume the powder?
- What causes persistent hiccups?