What does adrenal nodule in a person with history of carcinoid syndrome indicate?
Need further evaluation
Noted your concern.
With the history of carcinoid syndrome with lymph node metastasis, in the background, I would certainly be concerned about the adrenal nodule. How big is this? You will need to do few tests ( CT scan, serum cortisol test, 24 hour urine free cortisol, Plasma Metanephrines and nor metanephrines etc). If these are normal and if CT shows benign characters and if nodule is less than 4 cm in size, not to worry.
There is a possibility that your adrenal gland is not functioning well. In that case, you need adrenal steroid replacement prior to taking Thyroid medications. Otherwise, you will feel tired. Discuss with your Endocrinologist on your next visit.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Carcinoid syndrome rash
- Mood swings carcinoid syndrome
- Urine test for carcinoid syndrome
- Carcinoid syndrome survival rate
- Carcinoid syndrome personality changes
- Carcinoid syndrome survival
- Symptoms of carcinoid syndrome
- What is carcinoid syndrome
- Carcinoid syndrome flushing
- Carcinoid syndrome emedicine