• question-icon

What does absence of menstruation after taking Regestrone pills indicate?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Maam i did my pregnancy test on 44th day of my missed periods and the test was negative. I didn't do sex when i was ovulating. Bt still my periods got delayed. Then i took regestrone for 4 days and it has been 2 days since i stopped. Bt still no sign of periods. M really tensed pls help. Pls tell when we start to see pregnancy signs in body.. M totally fine no vomiting feeling. Its 50 days now
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have taen less dose.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
At 50 days the pregnancy test would have been positive on case of pregnancy. Regestrone has to be taken thrice a day for at least 5 days and you get the periods 3 days after stopping the pill. The dose you have taken is insufficient to cause proper periods.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Maam then what should i do? Should I wait now or start with some other medicine . I really want periods soon maam.. Pls guide
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait for 2 days more.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Wait for 2 days more and in case the periods do not start then consult a gynecologist and get proper dosage prescribed or start with oral contraceptive pills for 3 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Maam i got lil blood at 3pm .. Just stains type.. Bt not in flow.... That means everything is fine? Will get blood in flow in some time? Or any other guidance?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wait for bleeding to increase.

Detailed Answer:
The bleeding will gradually increase. Just wait and dont get anxious.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN